At Choithram International we have a University Guidance Counselor dedicated to guide our IB DP students through their journey of application to Universities.The basic role of the UGC is :
- To help students to make informed decisions about university choices.
- To provide advice and guidance to students in choosing appropriate university courses.
- To advise and support students during the university application process.
- Arrange for university professors/ representatives to talk to our students about different university courses.
- Discuss various college majors/ courses and help students make decisions.
- Write counselor recommendations for each student applying to the US and coordinate teacher recommendations on behalf of the student.
- Arrange for grade transcripts, ICSE/ IGCSE documents and predicted grades to be delivered to universities directly from the school office.
- Discuss and brainstorm various summer/ holiday projects and ideas with students.
- Suggest and assist in applications to summer schools.
The University Counselling Committee is responsible for advising and assisting our students in their university selection and applications. We will provide the necessary guidance and support for our students but we are not in the position to make the decisions for them. It is our belief that students should take ownership over their own university search and application process. We strongly encourage parents to be involved in the process with their child during this important decision-making stage of his/her life.
We also encourage students of IBDP1 to engage in summer programs ad internship programs so that they get a holistic development and can apply their understanding of the real world. This also prepares them better for the universities later.
Choithram International school has partnered with Univariety – a Singapore based organization that mentors students and ensures that they have multiple higher study options (both domestic and international) to choose from. Univariety provides a support system to the school counselor to manage all the senior students in a systematic manner. Additionally, our students and parents can also interact with the Univariety team of experts continuously through an online system linked to the school website.
Students & parents, please click on the below link and let us help you in planning for your higher education.
For profile creation please use this link: http://choithraminternational.univariety.com
Summer Programs in India
Visit the link http://tip.duke.edu/node/464
The Duke TIP in India program, co-sponsored by Duke TIP and Shiv Nadar University (SNU), provides a unique learning environment designed to motivate and challenge academically talented Indian students. Within a supportive and nurturing campus setting, Duke TIP strives to stretch highly talented students beyond their self-perceived expectations and limits.
- Duke TIP in India is a three-week residential summer program.
- Instructional teams challenge students to examine one topic in-depth and a creative residential staff develops programming designed to foster friendship and teamwork.
- Classes are composed of 16-18 students.
Summer Programs abroad
Go abroad next summer without missing any of the academic year.
Select a program below:
- University of Cambridge Summer Program
- Stanford University Summer Program
- Oxford University Summer Program
- Princeton University Summer Program
- UC Education Abroad Program
- Berkeley Abroad
- IARU Global Summer Program
- Korea University International Summer Campus
- TODAI Innovation Summer Program
- Tohoku University Summer Program
Internship Programs abroad
To find what is an internship program and the need for it visit http://parentedge.in/internship-for-high-schoolers/
Internship Programs in India
Corporate Social Responsibility Programs in India